This was a query from an online forum that our Editor responded to.
No. You don’t really need an ‘immigration company’ to advice you on moving to Canada IFF:
- You are able to download all immigration forms and documents from the CIC web (link: Apply to immigrate to Canada)
- You are able to understand all the requirements and follow them on your own (most of it is simple English)
- You are able to get all the documents, copies, attestations etc as required
- You are able to seek police and security clearance
- You have access to required funds
- You are able to search information on ‘life in Canada’ and know where you want to land and what you want to do there
- When in doubt, you are confident that you can ‘search’ the web and seek answers
If you are educated and confident, there is no reason to hire an immigration consultant/company. Most of these consultants help you fill the form and help with documentation.
Either way, you are still responsible for the application and to respond to queries from CIC.