Here we present a review of new book ‘Transit Lounge’ by Myra Gupta .
|Indian Slow Cooker Cookbook: Top 100 Indian Slow Cooker Recipes from Restaurant Classics to Innovative Modern Indian Recipes All Easily Made At Home in a Slow Cooker
Indian cuisine is widely acknowledged to be among the very best in the world. Now you can make all of the top Indian dishes at home in your own kitchen! From classic Indian dishes served in restaurants around the globe, to innovative fusion dishes that exemplify modern India on a plate, you are guaranteed to enjoy this curated collection of amazing Indian meals. This complete guide to cooking authentic Indian food at home empowers you to become a true master of Indian cuisine, even if you’ve never stepped food in South Asia.
You’ll learn what spices work best for bringing out the natural flavors of popular Indian ingredients, as well as the techniques employed by the most discerning Indian cooks, from international superstar Indian chefs, to the most experienced home-cooks in Mumbai.
The best part is that these recipes are easy to prepare at home in your slow cooker. The slow cooker is one of the healthiest appliances you can use to cook at home, and its “low and slow” style of one pot cooking lends itself perfectly to the demands of top-notch Indian cuisine. With 100 recipes there is something for everyone, from quick and spicy lunch dishes for one, to elaborate Indian feasts for the whole family, you’ll be equipped with everything you need to produce truly world class Indian meals at home every night of the week. The Indian Slow Cooker Cookbook is your all-in-one resource for enjoying the very best of South Asia wherever you are in the world!
This Indian Slow Cooker Cookbook contains:
- 100 Easy to Follow Recipes using ingredients that are easily found at your local grocery store and that are ideal for cooking in your slow cooker – each with complete nutritional information
- Healthy and Delicious Indian Food For Every Occasion organized into chapters including Lentils, Beans, Peas, Vegetables, and Meat dishes
- A Complete Overview of Indian cuisine detailing the essential information you need to know to master the very best dishes India has to offer
- Handy Charts and Indexes so all the information you need is at your fingertips
Review by our Editor on Amazon: “Yet another cookbook for DIY on Indian Cuisine”
I happened to come across the book while reviewing recent Kindle publications and was intrigued: was this yet another cookbook on Indian cuisine?
The title of the book is a mouthful though it describes what it is all about “Top 100 Indian Slow Cooker Recipes from Restaurant Classics to Innovative Modern Indian Recipes All Easily Made At Home in a Slow Cooker.” The sections of book are well written and follow a predictable format:
– Time to cook
– Basic ingredient list
– and ends with informative tips on calories, fat, Carbs, Sugar, Protein and Cholesterol
A+ for painstaking collation of information. Perhaps a few pictures of the dishes would be a nice addition.