Some of us might recall the bollywood blockbuster Swades, the Shah Rukh Khan movie from years ago which portrays a desi techie, Mohan Bhargav, a NASA engineer working on a rainfall monitoring satellite, which is lifted into an orbit aboard the Space Shuttle. In a romantic twist, Mohan returns back to swades seeking the “meaning of life” and finds love.
In a real-life-story mimicking bollywood, a Jaipur lad Monark Sharma has been appointed as scientist in the AH-64E combat fighter helicopter unit of the US army and is currently touring his home-state, trying to inspire youngsters to follow his footsteps. As per an article in the Times of India,
- Monark Sharma has been appointed as scientist in the AH-64E combat fighter helicopter unit of the US army.
- He bagged the opportunity with an annual remuneration of Rs 1.20 crore.
- He started his career as junior research scientist at NASA in the mass communication wing in 2013.
“I may not have got the opportunity to serve in the Indian armed force but all my moves in the US were intended to bring pride for my country. Here I am reaching out to my fellow Indian students to inspire them that anyone can attain success in life with sheer hard work,” said Sharma who studied from Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain School in C Scheme, Jaipur.
Now all we need is another love story and a happy marriage for our young hero, Monark ?
Here is a little known fact: legal Immigrants serving in the US Army and military are eligible for a fast track Citizenship (naturalization) – Link to USCIS fact sheet
Also in the news
- City lad joins US army at Rs 1.2Cr pay package – nyoooz.com
- Jaipur Boy in US Army : Jaipur lad joins US army at Rs 1.2 crore package – TOI
- Meet Monark Sharma, who is joining the US Army with Rs 1.20 crore pay package – Business Insider
- Jaipur youth joins US army, to get Rs 1.2 crore annual pay – Indian Express
- This genius from Jaipur will develop fighter choppers for US Army, get Rs 1.2 crore as pay – Zee News
- Jaipur’s Monark joins US Army as Scientist – City of Jaipur